Our complaints policy
Unsworth Rose is committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a concern or a complaint that has not been dealt with to your satisfaction by the person handling your case or their supervising partner, please contact us as soon as you are aware of the problem so this can be addressed. We confirm our contact details as follows:
Telephone: 020 7483 6219
Post: Mark Unsworth
Unsworth Rose Solicitors
19 Princess Road Regents Park
London NW1 8JR
What will happen next?
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within five days of our receiving the complaint, enclosing a copy of this procedure:
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to our client care partner, Mark Unsworth, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you;
3. Mark Unsworth or another designated partner of the firm will then invite you to a meeting to discuss and, it is hoped, resolve your complaint. He or she will do this within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter;
4. Within three days of the meeting, Mark Unsworth will write to you to confirm what took place and any solutions he has agreed with you;
5. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, Mark Unsworth will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter
6. At this stage, if you are still not satisfied, you should contact us again to explain why you remain unhappy with our response and we will review your comments. Depending on the matter we may at this stage arrange for another partner to review the decision
7. We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons;
8. If you are still not satisfied, you can then contact the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ or call 0300 555 0333 about your complaint. Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within six months of your receiving a final written response from us regarding your complaint. The Legal Ombudsman has provided further guidance on its service at www.legalombudsman.org.uk
If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.
© Unsworth Rose